Even with diet and exercise, many people have stubborn pockets of fat that seem impossible to lose. Body contouring is able to target these areas- helping patients achieve their desired shape.
Laser body contouring treatments deliver positive outcomes and little to no patient downtime, as compared to traditional liposuction and other surgically invasive procedures.
SculpSure is the world’s first FDA-cleared laser treatment for non-invasive lipolysis of the flanks, abdomen, inner thighs, and outer thighs. It’s a state-of-the-art, controlled light-based technology, ideal for patients looking to get rid of stubborn fat.The 1060 nm wavelength’s specific affinity for adipose tissue, coupled with minimal absorption in the dermis, allows SculpSure to efficiently treat areas of troublesome fat in just 25 minutes. Over time, the body naturally eliminates the disrupted fat cells with results seen as quickly as 6 weeks and optimal results usually seen in as few as 12 weeks.
- Controlled hyperthermic fat reduction
- Elevates adipose tissue temperature between 42°C and 47°C
- No damage to dermal tissue
- Up to 24% fat reduction1
- Clinically proven in multisite trials in over 100 patients
- Over 90% patient satisfaction rate2
- Comfortable and well-tolerated treatment3
- Can be used on all skin types
Q: What is SculpSure?
A: SculpSure is a non-invasive body contouring system for the reduction of stubborn fat in areas such as the abdomen, flanks, back, thighs and submental (under the chin) area. The 25 minute treatment destroys up to 24% 1 of treated fat cells without surgery.
Q: Who is the ideal SculpSure patient?
A: SculpSure is ideal for people with trouble spots of fat, particularly those that seem resistant to diet and exercise and have a BMI of <30.
Q: How many treatments are needed to see optimal results?
A: Every patient is different. Most patients need a series of treatments to see optimal results
Q: What should patients expect during treatment?
A: Most patients feel a tingling sensation and moderate heat intermittently throughout the treatment which is generally well-tolerated.2
Q: When will patients see results?
A: Patients may start to see results in as early as 6 weeks following treatment as the body begins to evacuate the destroyed fat cells, with optimal results usually seen at 12 weeks.
Q: How long will results last?
A: Treated fat cells are destroyed and will not regenerate.
Q: How long before patients can resume normal activities?
A: There is no downtime with SculpSure, so you can have the treatment during your lunch hour and return to work immediately.
Q: What is the difference between fat loss and weight loss?
A: The number of fat cells stored in our bodies typically remains constant throughout adult life. After the SculpSure treatment, the destroyed fat cells will not return. However, as we lose weight, the size of fat cells become smaller, but typically do not decrease in number. Even with diet and exercise, many people have difficulty losing weight in these trouble areas.
1. Single treatment of average reduction in fat volume as measured by MRI; Clinical and Histological Evaluations of a 1060nm Laser Device for Non-Invasive Fat Reduction – John W. Decorato, MD., F A C S. Rafael Sierra, Ph.D., Bo Chen, Ph.D., Westford, MA, 2014
2. Average patient discomfort rating of 3.7 on a scale of 1-10; Bass L, Doherty S. Non-Invasive Fat Reduction Of The Abdomen With A 1060nm Diode Laser.Paper presented at: 2015 Annual American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery Conference; April 22-26; Kissimmee, FL.